Greg is a chartered accountant with significant financial and strategic advisory experience within the health sector over the last 25 years. Before establishing O’Connell Advisory in 2007, Greg Anderson had health sector leadership responsibility within a leading financial institution and prior to that a ‘big 4’ accounting firm where he led the health consulting practice. Greg has also held non-executive directorship roles in the health, aged care and disability service sectors and chaired audit and risk management committees and business development committees.
Greg’s core areas of focus in recent years have been in:
- leading the development of business cases and feasibility studies for new health care ventures and major infrastructure programs
- operational and performance improvement opportunities
- developing operational and strategic financial models for health care, aged care, disability and affordable housing providers
- designing and implementing market testing strategies to realise strategic and policy goals
- designing and implementing benchmarking and key performance monitoring for hospital, aged care and medical research
- successfully securing debt funding for business expansion and green and brown field hospital and aged care developments
- independent benchmarking, program evaluation and commercial due diligence exercises in the health sector, including aged care providers
Other experience includes strategic and business planning, activity based costing, case mix modelling, litigation support and strategic commercial negotiations.