Understanding the finer details of Australia’s healthcare funding models and the ability to practically analyse and use this data to improve quality and performance are critical skills in today’s complex healthcare environment.
Using our extensive knowledge of the health sector we analyse issues and develop tailored solutions.
We identify the root causes of problems by analysing operational and financial data.
Where appropriate, analysis may include:
- Analysis of productivity indicators and benchmarks
- Analysis of the costs and case mix funding of services
- Analysis of variations in clinical practice and service utilisation.
- Activity based costing (ABC) of services
- Economic analysis, including cost-effectiveness analysis
- Financial analysis
- Statistical and modelling techniques.
Commonly this process involves developing detailed bottom up models encompassing activity, staffing and financials to assist with the analysis of strategic options.
Our team uses their detailed knowledge of the state and Commonwealth funding arrangements to advise clients on how to maximise their revenue and funding.
Our approach is to work closely with the client’s management team. This ensures that our recommendations are sound and that the management team have bought into the solutions to be implemented. Generally O’Connell Advisory is retained to assist with the implementation of the recommendations.