In today’s continuously evolving healthcare sector organisations need advisors that understand the environment, and can provide sound, practical corporate advice based on experience and commercial acumen. Commonly this will involve the development of detailed models encompassing activity, staffing and financials to assist with the analysis of strategic options.
O’Connell is a highly respected provider of a wide range of corporate advice. Examples of corporate services we have provided to clients in the health sector includes:
- Development and updating of corporate strategies and business plans, to reflect changes in the market, changes in service offerings and new opportunities
- Development of strategic financial models to assist in decision making
- Commercial due diligence, including market assessments, competitor analysis, revenue and funding risks, admitting clinician and referral pattern risks
- Retained adviser to CEOs and Boards, including monitoring of financial and operational performance
- Corporate and commercial advice including financing options and the securing of debt financing on commercially competitive terms
- Assisting banks with the monitoring of the performance of providers in “Bad Bank” and the implementation of remediation initiatives
- Litigation support, including negotiation of commercial settlements and acting as an expert witness.